Wednesday, February 18, 2026
Smart Again
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Politics
  • Law & Defense
  • Community
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Smart Again
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Politics
  • Law & Defense
  • Community
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Smart Again
No Result
View All Result
Home Trending

“Becoming a distraction”: White House looking to replace Hegseth at Pentagon, per reports

April 21, 2025
in Trending
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0 0
A A
0
“Becoming a distraction”: White House looking to replace Hegseth at Pentagon, per reports
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth may soon have to walk the path he laid for legacy media outlets: packing up his office and leaving the Pentagon.

That’s according to a report from NPR, which shared that the chaos of Hegseth’s tenure atop the military is becoming too much for President Donald Trump and that the administration is in the process of vetting a potential replacement.  The outlet cited an unnamed U.S. official who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The report comes after weeks of embarrassing stories from the executive branch’s largest department. Hegseth leaked the details of planned strikes on Houthis in Yemen to the editor-in-chief of The Atlantic, who had been added to a Signal group chat in error. Over the weekend, the New York Times reported that Hegseth shared sensitive information about the operation in a separate chat that included his wife and brother.

That news capped off a chaotic weekend that began with the termination of several senior DoD officials, who called their unexplained termination “unconscionable” in a joint statement.

“We are incredibly disappointed by the manner in which our service at the Department of Defense ended,” they shared. “Unnamed Pentagon officials have slandered our character with baseless attacks on our way out the door.” 

Former Pentagon spokesperson John Ullyot said in an op-ed for Politico that Hegseth’s tenure can best be described as “total chaos” and said that his own advisers might be ready to see him go. 

The White House has denied any plans to give the former Fox News host his walking papers. 

This [NPR] story is total FAKE NEWS based on one anonymous source who clearly has no idea what they are talking about,” spokesperson Karoline Leavitt shared on X. As the President said this morning, he stands strongly behind [Hegseth].”

Read more

about Pete Hegseth



Source link

Tags: distractionHegsethHousePentagonreplaceReportsWhite
Previous Post

Pope Francis is dead. The Church must now confront an uncomfortable truth.

Next Post

It Looks Like Pete Hegseth Will Be Kicked To The Curb

Related Posts

The Trump threat looming over late-night TV, briefly explained
Trending

The Trump threat looming over late-night TV, briefly explained

February 17, 2026
Democrat: ‘Let’s Start Calling This The Trump Epstein Files’
Trending

Democrat: ‘Let’s Start Calling This The Trump Epstein Files’

February 17, 2026
Jesse Jackson, civil rights icon, dead at 84
Trending

Jesse Jackson, civil rights icon, dead at 84

February 17, 2026
Trump’s “Mission Accomplished” moment gives Democrats an opening
Trending

Trump’s “Mission Accomplished” moment gives Democrats an opening

February 17, 2026
Rev. Jesse Jackson, Towering Civil Rights Figure, Dead At 84
Trending

Rev. Jesse Jackson, Towering Civil Rights Figure, Dead At 84

February 17, 2026
What American democracy can learn from 1930s Finland
Trending

What American democracy can learn from 1930s Finland

February 17, 2026
Next Post
It Looks Like Pete Hegseth Will Be Kicked To The Curb

It Looks Like Pete Hegseth Will Be Kicked To The Curb

German Teens Jailed And Deported While Travelling To Hawaii

German Teens Jailed And Deported While Travelling To Hawaii

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
MAKA: Make America Kittens Again

MAKA: Make America Kittens Again

November 18, 2024
As Conclave Nears, Catholics Wonder if New Pope Will Support Latin Mass

As Conclave Nears, Catholics Wonder if New Pope Will Support Latin Mass

May 5, 2025
Trump inauguration pulls in 0 million in donations, doubling previous record

Trump inauguration pulls in $200 million in donations, doubling previous record

January 4, 2025
Here’s What The Shutdown Is REALLY About

Here’s What The Shutdown Is REALLY About

October 8, 2025
Thomas Gaither, Who Chose Jail After Civil Rights Sit-ins, Dies at 86

Thomas Gaither, Who Chose Jail After Civil Rights Sit-ins, Dies at 86

January 25, 2025
Plant-based meat has been relentlessly — and unfairly — attacked as “ultra-processed.” Can the industry save itself?

Plant-based meat has been relentlessly — and unfairly — attacked as “ultra-processed.” Can the industry save itself?

August 14, 2025
“They stole an election”: Former Florida senator found guilty in “ghost candidates” scandal

“They stole an election”: Former Florida senator found guilty in “ghost candidates” scandal

0
The prime of Dame Maggie Smith is a gift

The prime of Dame Maggie Smith is a gift

0
The Hawaii senator who faced down racism and ableism—and killed Nazis

The Hawaii senator who faced down racism and ableism—and killed Nazis

0
The murder rate fell at the fastest-ever pace last year—and it’s still falling

The murder rate fell at the fastest-ever pace last year—and it’s still falling

0
Trump used the site of the first assassination attempt to spew falsehoods

Trump used the site of the first assassination attempt to spew falsehoods

0
MAGA church plans to raffle a Trump AR-15 at Second Amendment rally

MAGA church plans to raffle a Trump AR-15 at Second Amendment rally

0
The Trump threat looming over late-night TV, briefly explained

The Trump threat looming over late-night TV, briefly explained

February 17, 2026
Democrat: ‘Let’s Start Calling This The Trump Epstein Files’

Democrat: ‘Let’s Start Calling This The Trump Epstein Files’

February 17, 2026
Jesse Jackson, civil rights icon, dead at 84

Jesse Jackson, civil rights icon, dead at 84

February 17, 2026
The Banning Of James Talarico’s Stephen Colbert Interview Has Backfired On Republicans

The Banning Of James Talarico’s Stephen Colbert Interview Has Backfired On Republicans

February 17, 2026
“Harold and Maude” taught me to not fear dying

“Harold and Maude” taught me to not fear dying

February 17, 2026
CBS didn’t want Colbert to talk to this candidate. He did it anyway.

CBS didn’t want Colbert to talk to this candidate. He did it anyway.

February 17, 2026
Smart Again

Stay informed with Smart Again, the go-to news source for liberal perspectives and in-depth analysis on politics, social justice, and more. Join us in making news smart again.

CATEGORIES

  • Community
  • Law & Defense
  • Politics
  • Trending
  • Uncategorized
No Result
View All Result

LATEST UPDATES

  • The Trump threat looming over late-night TV, briefly explained
  • Democrat: ‘Let’s Start Calling This The Trump Epstein Files’
  • Jesse Jackson, civil rights icon, dead at 84
  • About Us
  • Advertise with Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA
  • Cookie Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Contact Us

Copyright © 2024 Smart Again.
Smart Again is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Politics
  • Law & Defense
  • Community
  • Contact Us

Copyright © 2024 Smart Again.
Smart Again is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Go to mobile version